Main activities / tasks (Principal accountabilities) :
- Coordinating for following Hospitality Arrangements :
- Arrangements for hotel accommodation for Superintendents, guests and block arrangement for crew (cruise ships)
- Arrangements for transport for Superintendents e.g. car rental, airport transfers & cabs
- Arrangements for courtesy to be sent to Guests and Superintendents
- Allocates and housekeeping for Superintendents’ offices and VIP rooms, including the following :
- Arrangements for PCs and fax machines to be set-up in Superintendents’ offices
- Arrangements for the conversion of telephone lines to IDD as and when requested
- Provision of stationery, overalls, safety shoes etc. for Superintendents
- Arrangements for laundry services
- Assists Superintendents with flight ticket bookings and validations, visa extensions and miscellaneous purchases.
- Shopping and sightseeing excursions for customers and visitors.
- Carrying out the following Administrative Tasks with the Assistance of the CRA :
- Updates weekly and distributes Superintendents’ List to Senior Managers, SRMs, Sales, CR and Marketing personnel.
- Updates bi-weekly and distributes to Senior Managers, SRMs, Sales, CR and Marketing personnel of /entertainment List for Superintendents and guests.
- Updates customers/Superintendents’ profiles in Sembsap1 system.
- Updates hotel corporate rates.
- Oversees the management of canteen e.g. food service standard, cleanliness, housekeeping and price control.
- Checks invoices and canteen bills.
- Carries out costing for promotional items and VIP room dining.
- Responsible for procurement and stock control of corporate gifts, souvenir and promotional items, liquor.
- Recordings of all bookings/ orders for hotels, transports, gifts, etc.
- Coordinating the Arrangements of Customers’ Functions/Events e.g.
- ASMI Dinners.
- Christmas and New Year Parties (gifts, cards, lunches, decorations).
- Superintendents’ birthday arrangements (cards and gifts etc.).
- Entertainment / Relationships with Customers
- Morning & afternoon rounds to Superintendents’ offices to monitor customer feedback.
- Attendance at lunches dinners, Sundowners and other functions.
- Manages entertainment programmes for in-house Superintendents e.g. :
- Bookings of restaurants for Superintendents and SRMs.
- Arrangements for Sundowners.
- Arrangements for VIP lunches and dinners for the Shipyard. Organizing of recreational activities e.g. sports & games for ship officers and crew
- Ensure that customers’ complaints / feedback are channeled to relevant departments for action.
- Ensure the safety of personnel through compliance with Occupational Safety and Health and Environmental Regulations.
- Ensure that Health, Safety & Environmental operating procedures are followed and counsel employees about compliance as necessary.
- Participate in the preparation of Safe work, Environmental control and Emergency procedures.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality (HSEQ) plans are followed.
- Any other associated tasks and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
- Minimum GCE ‘N’ Level with relevant working experience or preferably with GCE ‘A’ levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Skills in handling and managing customers’ complaints. Writes and speaks good English. Ability to co-ordinate and organize large events and functions.
- Develop good working contacts with local travel agencies, hotel sales personnel, suppliers, local ship agents etc. Essential to build up good personal relationships with customers.
- 3 years’ customer relations experience.
- Good administrative skills, cheerful disposition, observant and has initiative in anticipating the
- Needs of customers, polite and tactful, flexibility in dealing with diverse personalities, resourceful in solving problem and discreet with proprietary information.
- Sembcorp Marine Ltd
- Admiralty Yard
- Admiralty Road West
- Singapore 759956
- Mondays - Fridays: 8am - 5.30pm
Interested candidates with relevant background are invited to send us an updated resume with your current and expected salary, reason of application and your earliest availability here.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please note that your personal data disclosed to Sembcorp Marine Ltd and our group of companies, shall be used for the purposes of evaluation, and processing in accordance with our recruitment processes and policies. By providing your personal data, you have consented to the aforesaid purpose under the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.